[Haskell-cafe] Siege, a DBMS written in Haskell

Daniel Waterworth da.waterworth at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 10:30:49 CET 2011

Hi all,

This is what I've been working on recently in my spare time,
https://github.com/DanielWaterworth/siege . It's a DBMS written in
Haskell, it's in a partially working state, you can start it up and
interact with it using the redis protocol, it implements a subset of
redis's commands.

It stores it's data in immutable trees and supports two backends, one
where it stores data to disk and another where it stores it's
immutable nodes in a redis cluster and the head reference in
zookeeper; the plan is to be CP in CAP theory. Feel free to butcher it
for your own needs and I'd be really grateful to anyone who'd like to
contribute.

Daniel