[Haskell-cafe] strict, lazy, non-strict, eager

Lyndon Maydwell maydwell at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 16:43:12 CET 2011

I wonder how the arrival of an anonymous anecdote on IRC was the
smoking gun needed to justify calling out the Haskell community on its
cognitive dissonance. Surely you would need some statistical evidence,
a public display from a very prominent member, or some officially
endorsed stance to convince anyone that "Most" of a community behaves
a certain way.

I understand why someone might want to call us out on a lack of
rigour. However, I have no idea why someone would hold their tongue on
the matter due to a lack of evidence, then commence hostilities once a
disjointed quote off IRC appears...

Albert: Was it the straw that broke the camel's back?