[Haskell-cafe] OOM when linking, increasingly a problem

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Wed Dec 21 11:18:01 CET 2011

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 10:00, Felipe Almeida Lessa
<felipe.lessa at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 4:06 AM, Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org> wrote:
>> I've started to run out of memory when linking certain packages.  The
>> culprits at the moment are crypto-api (Crypto.CPoly) and
>> Agda-executable.
> [snip]
>> crypto-api is a library package, so I some similar trick isn't really
>> a possibility there :(  Is there anything I can do about this?
>
> That module is something I really hate, since every time I develop
> something that uses any form of HTTP there's a package that indirectly
> pulls crypto-api.  Since there are many times where I use cabal-dev or
> virthual-env, the party begins!
>
> So I guess you could e-mail crypto-api's maintainer and express your
> dissatisfaction?  crypto-api is meant to be a core package in
> Haskell's cryptography world, this situation is far from ideal.

Sure, I can do that, but it would be even better to express
dissatisfaction and suggest a way to fix it.  I don't have any idea of
what's going on though.  Anyone with deeper knowledge?

/M

--
Magnus Therning                      OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4
email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org