[Haskell-cafe] If you'd design a Haskell-like language, what would you do different?

David Fox ddssff at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 17:16:49 CET 2011

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 11:20 AM, Robert Clausecker <fuzxxl at gmail.com>wrote:

> Image you would create your own language with a paradigm similar to
> Haskell or have to chance to change Haskell without the need to keep any
> compatibility. What stuff would you add to your language, what stuff
> would you remove and what problems would you solve completely different?
>
> Thanks in advance for all answers, yours

One thing that concerns me is the use of capital letters to distinguish
type and class names and constructors from values.  If I was doing it over
I would use a typographical distinction like italics for types, bold for
classes.  That way we could have a constructor named ∅, a function named ∈,
a class named ℝ.