[Haskell-cafe] How hard is it to start a web startup using Haskell?

David Pollak feeder.of.the.bears at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 23:31:15 CET 2011

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 2:04 AM, Ivan Perez <ivanperezdominguez at gmail.com>wrote:

> I'm actually trying to make a list of companies and people using Haskell
> for for-profit real world software development.
>
> I'd like to know the names of those startups, if possible.

I am building http://visi.pro on Haskell.  I am doing it for a number of
reasons:

   - Haskell is a mature platform that provides lots of goodies that I
   might otherwise have to write (like the goodies I wrote in Lift including
   an Actors library)
   - Haskell allows a lot of nice "things" that make building a language
   and associated tools easier (like laziness)
   - Haskell is a filter for team members. Just like Foursquare uses Scala
   as a filter for candidates in recruiting, I'm using Haskell as a filter...
   if you have some good Haskell open source code, it's a way to indicate to
   me that you're a strong developer.

Visi.Pro, Cloud Computing for the Rest of Us http://visi.pro
Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Blog: http://goodstuff.im