[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: Anansi 0.4.2 (literate programming pre-processor)

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sun Dec 18 23:32:21 CET 2011

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 01:05:06PM +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 12:36:44PM -0800, John Millikin wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 03:39, Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org> wrote:
>>> 1. What to call files?  I understand (C)WEB suggests using .w, and
>>> that noweb uses .nw, what should I call anansi files?
>>
>> I usually use .anansi, but it doesn't matter. You can use whatever
>> extensions you like, or even none at all.
>
> I'll stick to .anansi as well then, it's rather descriptive :-)
>
>>> 2. Combining anansi and pandoc works quite well for HTML, but it
>>> fails miserably when trying to use the generated LaTeX:
>>>
>>>    > markdown2pdf: ! LaTeX Error: Command \guillemotleft
>>>      unavailable in encoding OT1.
>>>
>>>    Is there any good way to get around that?
>>
>> The LaTeX loom is designed to output basic markup that can be turned
>> into a PDF with minimum fuss. It probably won't work as-is for more
>> advanced cases, such as when a user wants to use custom templates, or
>> has to inter-operate with pseudo-LaTeX parsers like Pandoc.
>
> I was probably unclear, I *really* would like to use the markdown loom
> and then pass the weave through pandoc to be able to create html/latex
> from the same source.  So I suspect the problem I ran into is more
> related to pandoc than anansi, but I was hoping that someone among the
> anansi users had run into and solved it already :-)

I just thought I'd mention that I've solved this particular issue now.
All that was needed was to make sure that

    \usepackage{aeguill}

was added to the generated LaTeX.  Personally I did that by putting
the line in a file and then use the -H argument to `markdown2pdf`
which pandoc provides.

/M

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

Most software today is very much like an Egyptian pyramid with
millions of bricks piled on top of each other, with no structural
integrity, but just done by brute force and thousands of slaves.
     -- Alan Kay