[Haskell-cafe] What happens if you get hit by a bus?

Alberto G. Corona agocorona at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 14:24:27 CET 2011

Hehee
Great.

Haskell is a flexible high level language perfect for domain specific
languages it isn't?. A well designed solution is, at the top level,
simple and understandable even by non experts. The software transforms
the complexities of the hardware into  something that the user can
understand by means of interfaces, EDSLs etc. The complexity must be
hidden in deeper layers. So if you are hit by a bus, the new
programmer  would be confronted with a simple application layer
(ideally simple enough to be understood by a non haskell programmer) ,
that would permit the evolution of the software, so the new programmer
is productive from day one, from the client point of view. More
radical adaptations may require  deeper knowledge, but at least the
shock would be greatly mitigated.