[Haskell-cafe] DB vs read/show for persisting large data

Yves Parès limestrael at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 16:02:10 CET 2011

2011/12/14 Yves Parès <limestrael at gmail.com>

> For brutal binary serialization, you may like binary or cereal (I don't
> know the dis/advantages of both, except that the last time I checked,
> cereal only handled strict bytestrings).

BTW, if we can cope with strict bytestrings (if we don't have a too big
input), would you recommend binary or cereal?

What would you use to auto-derive the Binary/Serialize classes?
The 'derive' package? The problem is that it has a lot of dependencies you
maybe don't need if you jut want serialization, plus it relies on TH so it
grows both compilation time and executable size.