[Haskell-cafe] DB vs read/show for persisting large data

C K Kashyap ckkashyap at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 14:31:24 CET 2011

Hi,

It has been on my todo list for some time now. I'd like to write a GTD tool
that has dependency tracking support. Haskell seems like a good choice for
this. I was wondering if there has been any past attempts with this?

One thing that has been bothering me has been this - the persistence of
data. Should I use sqlite(or someother DB) or should I use Haskell's
read/show functions to read from and write to a file? I am slightly not
inclined towards NOT using DB because I want to implement all the business
logic in Haskell. I want to avoid having to generate SQL.

It'll be great if I could get some feedback on the "read/show" approach -
is this even a viable option?

Regards,
Kashyap