[Haskell-cafe] [ANNOUNCEMENT] xmobar 0.14

Antoine Latter aslatter at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 17:35:24 CET 2011

On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 10:23 AM, Antoine Latter <aslatter at gmail.com> wrote:

> All of the imports in the ./src/Parsers.hs are from the
> Text.ParserCombinators.Parsec.* module space, which was intended to be
> a compatibility layer, and all of the parsers and parser-combinators
> in ./ser/Parsers.hs appear to be written using the 'Parser' type
> synonym, also from the compatibility layer, which has the same token
> type in both parsec-2.x and parsec-3.x.
>
> So after digging deeper I'm even more curious :-)

Okay, I just wasn't reading closely enough.

We generalized the type of 'notFollowedBy' in parsec-3 - the
generalization isn't parsec-3 specific at all, it just hadn't been
done yet.

The intent of the compatibility module was to supply backwards
compatibility - I never thought about the problems of forward
compatibility.

Maybe some warning or deprecation pragmas are in order.

Antoine