[Haskell-cafe] [ANNOUNCEMENT] xmobar 0.14

Jose A. Ortega Ruiz jao at gnu.org
Sun Dec 11 14:56:18 CET 2011

On Sun, Dec 11 2011, Roman Cheplyaka wrote:

[...]

> To avoid problems like this, please specify version constraints in the
> .cabal file. See [1] for the details.

I'm actually preparing a new release with stricter version constraints
(the new .cabal is
https://github.com/jaor/xmobar/blob/master/xmobar.cabal, in case anyone
has the time to check whether i'm doing something dumb).

It's clear to me what contraints to use for packages not included in
ghc, but there're some of them that come with the compiler (unix, time
and filepath in my case): what's the best practice regarding those
packages?  I've left they're version unspecified, intending to mean
"whatever version comes with your ghc".

Is that a good practice?

TIA,
jao
--
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge
  - Charles Darwin