[Haskell-cafe] Generating Code

Antoine Latter aslatter at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 23:27:31 CET 2011

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 2:17 PM, Erik Hesselink <hesselink at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 20:45, L Corbijn <aspergesoepje at gmail.com> wrote:
>> So I'm interested if there are other libraries that are more suitable
>> to the task of generating haskell code for library use, and thus
>> generate 'human readable' exported code (so no TH). I'm also
>> interested in how other projects generate code for their packages.
>
> Since you ask how other packages solve this problem, and since most
> packages use template haskell, I have to ask: why can't you use
> template haskell for this?

For my case, template haskell can't create modules, and template
haskell solves a different problem - I've not interested in creating
Haskell declarations from Haskell declarations - I'm interested in
creating Haskell modules from an external, formal,  specification. In
a sense I'm compiling to Haskell.