[Haskell-cafe] Generating Code

L Corbijn aspergesoepje at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 20:45:26 CET 2011

Hello,

In an attempt to reduce the amount of boring repetitive work to update
the OpenGLRaw package I've created a generator to do it partially for
me. It currently uses haskell-src-exts for representing the haskell
source of the modules. Though haskell-src-exts does an excellent job
for representing haskell source, it seems to be more aimed at parsing
haskell source and doing something with it, rather than generating it.
For cpp macros, say for the use of different calling conventions used,
can't be used directly, nor is there a really good way to use comments
(at least so it seems to me).

So I'm interested if there are other libraries that are more suitable
to the task of generating haskell code for library use, and thus
generate 'human readable' exported code (so no TH). I'm also
interested in how other projects generate code for their packages.

Greetings,
Lars Corbijn