[Haskell-cafe] Why doesn't this work? (palindrome :: IO)

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 10:57:41 CET 2011

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 04:16, Yves Parès <limestrael at gmail.com> wrote:

> Why do you people hate 'if' statements?

It's more that the language spec does; if statements, along with a number
of other things, desugar to case which is the fundamental conditional
construct.

(And more personally, I find the indentation behavior annoying, in that I
need to indent then and else more inside something that uses layout; plus
the lack of an else if that is aware of being part of a compound means that
it "ladders" even more, so I end up switching to case just to keep from
ending up on column 200 or something.)