[Haskell-cafe] Program used for debugging

Rustom Mody rustom.mody at parsci.com
Fri Dec 2 14:59:10 CET 2011

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 7:40 PM, Yves Parès <limestrael at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> What do you mostly use for debugging?
> Simple calls to Debug.Trace.trace? Hpc? Hood?

I also wonder about 'type-debugging'

Using ghci:
For a top level expression:
 - if it is not compiling I can put in (or remove) a type decl and see how
things change.
 - if it is compiling I can of course ":t it"

But for internal expressions it can be quite hairy to figure out why what
haskell thinks is the type of something and what I think dont match.

So is there something like type-intellisense for haskell where if one
hovers the mouse (maybe over a selection) haskell tells what type it finds
there?