[Haskell-cafe] GHCI Feature Request: Last Successful Compilation State Saved

Christopher Done chrisdone at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 30 19:15:10 CEST 2011

On 30 August 2011 17:48, Daniel Patterson <lists.haskell at dbp.mm.st> wrote:
> Chris, this is amazing! One question - do you have support for tramping in and running ghci remotely (or would that be easy to add)? I primarily develop inside virtual-machines, so while the source code lives where emacs lives, all the libraries are installed inside the virtual-machine (and the source also lives there, of course).

So either

1) You put all your source files on the server, too and then run the
GHCi process under tramp and access the files via tramp.

2) Sounds like you'd prefer to keep your files local, which, I suppose
means you want to send code to the server when you trigger a compile?

Could be done, could be done. I'll ponder it.