[Haskell-cafe] Text.Parsec.Prim

Antoine Latter aslatter at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 18:25:58 CEST 2011

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 11:12 AM, Roly Perera
<roly.perera at dynamicaspects.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I seem to have some trouble accessing this module. I would like to use
> the type synonym ParsecT directly.
>
> I'm running GHC 6.12.1. According to Hoogle, the type I want is part
> of parsec-3.1.1, in module Text.Parsec.Prim. But if try to import
> Text.Parsec.Prim, GHC complains
>
> Could not find module `Text.Parsec.Prim':
>
> Can anyone help me with this? In the 2+ years I've been using parsec
> I've never managed to use ParsecT directly, but now it would be very
> useful.

There might be something off about your packages database.

I just did:

$ cabal update
$ cabal install parsec
$ ghci
> import Text.Parsec.Prim

and it went fine.

Also, the module "Text.Parsec" re-exports the entirety of
"Text.Parsec.Prim", so you won't get much advantage importing the
"Prim" module on its own.

Antoine