[Haskell-cafe] haskell or lazy functional as procedure language

Permjacov Evgeniy permeakra at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 19:43:49 CEST 2011

Ok, I know, I want something strange. But consider situation, when one
is starting a project and finds, that he need s

1) ACID relational storage
2) Power of good RDBMS system (postgresql for example)
3) Power of some very hight level language and compiled (haskell for
example) for stored procedures
4) And all data processing MUST be performed inside RDBMS
5) And does not have enough money to by Oracle ore other commercial RDBMS.

I already considered using ghc with postgresql. It could be very, very
good pair, but.... ghc runtime cannot be re-initialized, and reqular way
for stored procedures in postgresql is calling function from shared
object (meaning, I have to shut down ghc runtime each time stored
procedure ended).

What other options do you see?