[Haskell-cafe] Lifting an enumerator

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Wed Aug 24 19:30:46 CEST 2011

Actually, I'm looking for a slightly different type signature. Look at
how I've implemented the special case of ErrorT:

liftEnum :: Enumerator In IO (Either OcrError Out)
         -> Enumerator In (ErrorT OcrError IO) Out

There's a slightly different value for "b", which is what keeps track
of the monadic state. This is the same trick used in MonadControlIO.
My guess is that a final type signature would be something like:

liftEnum
  :: MonadTrans t
  => (forall c. Enumerator a m c)
  -> Enumerator a (t m) b

Then the idea would be that, for each instance of MonadTrans, we would
be encoding the state within that "c".

Michael