[Haskell-cafe] Function composition in run-time?

dokondr dokondr at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 14:35:42 CEST 2011

Hi,
What is the Haskell way to compose functions in run-time?
Depending on configuration parameters I need to be able to compose function
in several ways without recompilation.
When program starts it reads configuration parameters from a text file. For
example, I have three functions, f1, f2, f3,  each doing some string
processing. I need to support two configurations of string processors :

if param1
   then sp = f1 . f2 . f3
   else sp = f1 . f3

I'd like to avoid 'if' somehow and instead use some declarative way to
specify code to run in external configuration file. In other words I need
some easy tools to create mini DSLs without all the efforts usually involved
with implementing full-blown DSL.

Thanks,
Dmitri