[Haskell-cafe] a minor bug (memory leak) in ListLike package

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 05:37:52 CEST 2011

On 24 August 2011 13:17, bob zhang <bobzhang1988 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>   I think 3 < genericLength [1..] should fail, that laziness is not we
> want.

It might not be what _you_ want, but it might be what others want.  If
you're concerned with efficiency, then wouldn't you use length rather
than genericLength?

>   I can not derive ListLike  instance using GHC extensions, can you provide
> a working example?

I take it back, it doesn't seem to be possible due to the design of
ListLilke.  You need to define the instance explicitly (there are only
four functions you have to define, but for performance reasons you
probably want to re-define all of them).

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com
IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com