[Haskell-cafe] Question about data

MigMit miguelimo38 at yandex.ru
Fri Aug 19 23:51:34 CEST 2011

Your MathExpression data type has nothing to do with numbers of any kind. Your "Float" data constructor doesn't mean that float numbers are a part of your type; instead it means that you have a SINGLE value of type MathExpression, and this value is named "Float".

You should modify your data declaration as "data MathExpression = Float Float | …", and after that you can write something like "a = Float 4.2", which would automatically make "a" a value of type MathExpession".

Отправлено с iPad