[Haskell-cafe] Failed link to mixed-language shared object.

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 06:11:51 CEST 2011

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 23:32, David Banas <dbanas at banasfamily.net> wrote:

> Does this trigger recollection in anyone:
>
> dbanas at dbanas-eeepc:~/prj/haskell/AMIParse/trunk$ make
> ghc -dynamic -o ami_test -L. -lami ami_test.o
> ./libami.so: undefined reference to `__stginit_haskell98_MarshalArray_'
> ./libami.so: undefined reference to `__stginit_haskell98_MarshalError_'

First thing to try is always --make; GHC's default behavior is, shall we
say, not optimal otherwise.  (I consider it highly broken; somewhere in
there the default is *supposedly* going to change to --make, I believe.)  If
you want to try to make it work the ugly old way, the symbol names suggest
to me that "-package haskell98" would help.