[Haskell-cafe] conditionally exposing modules in cabal

Rogan Creswick creswick at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 14:24:57 CEST 2011

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 4:41 AM, Antoine Latter <aslatter at gmail.com> wrote:
> One problem to consider - a downstream user of the new features won't
> know that they need to pass special flags to your module, and may not
> even know that they are using your module if the dependency is a few
> steps removed.

The situation is more that I have a number of independent changes that
I'd like to experiment with locally, without ever releasing them
individually -- if/when they're released, they would build without the
need to set the flag.  The net effect is very similar to maintaining
multiple branches of the primary project, but with more separation
between the stable project and the experimental code.

--Rogan