[Haskell-cafe] Array and Ix for custom Graph ADT

Mark Spezzano mark.spezzano at chariot.net.au
Sat Aug 13 11:37:06 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'm creating a Graph data structure, and I want to use the array list approach, implemented as an Array.

I need my Nodes to be instances of Ix for this to work and my Node type is roughly as follows:

data Node = MyNode Int [Int] Type1 Type2

(Type1 and Type2 are nullary algebraic datatypes--enumerations in other words)

How can I "index" the Array with an instance of a Node. I think I need to make Node an instance of Ix somehow??

Is this a sensible approach? Sample code of the instance declaration for Ix would be helpful.

Thanks

Mark Spezzano