[Haskell-cafe] Additional functions of GMP

Artyom Kazak artyom.kazak at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 14:06:21 CEST 2011

GMP has a lot of functions, such as extracting roots, primality test,
Legendre symbol, factorial and so on. These can be written in Haskell, of
course, but isn't it better to use existing functions? They are also much
faster than similar functions from NumericPrelude, I believe.

I have heard GHC 7.2.1 now includes module named GHC.Integer.Logarithms,
but I can't find its description anywhere.

So, my question is: can I use full power of GMP's functions, and if I can
— how?