[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Leksah 0.10.0

Thomas Schilling nominolo at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 29 19:01:16 CEST 2011

My guess is that you're doing all indexing work inside a single GHC
API session.  When loading external packages GHC caches all .hi files
in memory -- and never unloads them.   Therefore, if you have a large
package DB, that'll consume a lot of memory.  For similar reasons you
can also run into problems with redefined instances if you happen to
process two packages that define the same instances because they too
are cached and never flushed.

The workaround is to start multiple sessions and then combine the
resulting output.

I don't know how much of a problem the Haddock + TH issue is that
David mentioned.  In any case you should make sure that haddock can
see the installed packages so it doesn't need to compile any
dependencies for TH.

On 28 April 2011 09:04, jutaro <jnf at arcor.de> wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> that seemed to be a real odyssey. I will try to install the statistics
> package
> when I find time. Guess it is this one on hackage:
> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/statistics.
> Just some remarks:
> In case of problems with metadata it is helpful to stop the GUI and call
> leksah-server from the command line. (leksah-server -s collects metainfo for
> new packages).
> What happens then is that leksah-server calls GHC-API and Haddock as a
> library, which itself uses GHC-API.
> So its a bit like running Haddock on a package, which usually may fail, but
> it is uncommon to have this kind of problems. (It happened one time before
> with a type level library, which defined all integers between 1 and several
> thousands...).
>
> Jürgen
>
> PS: The server at leksah.org has reached its limit yesterday, the Windows
> installer alone was downloaded about 2000 times! But it should work now.
>
> --

Push the envelope. Watch it bend.