[Haskell-cafe] Can't install haskellnet with ghc7

Charles-Pierre Astolfi cpa at crans.org
Tue Apr 26 23:17:17 CEST 2011

Hi -cafe,

Did anybody managed to install haskellnet from hackage with ghc7?
I tried on windows and mac and I get the following type error:

[ 4 of 11] Compiling Network.HaskellNet.SMTP (
Network/HaskellNet/SMTP.hs, dist/build/Network/HaskellNet/SMTP.o )
Network/HaskellNet/SMTP.hs:269:25:
    Couldn't match expected type `Data.Text.Internal.Text'
                with actual type `[Char]'
    Expected type: Data.Text.Internal.Text
      Actual type: String
    In the first argument of `simpleMail', namely `to'
    In a stmt of a 'do' expression:
        myMail <- simpleMail to from subject plainBody htmlBody attachments

Am I missing something?
--
Cp