[Haskell-cafe] Haskell User Group starter kit

Eric Y. Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 19:47:40 CEST 2011

Hi all,

We may be coming to a time where we start to see Haskell User Groups or
Functional Programming clubs popping up all the over the place.  Maybe
it's a good time to put our heads together and figure out what we can do
to nurture these groups, to keep them going strong rather than fizzling
out.

One idea might be create some sort of Haskell User Group starter kit
so that individual groups can hit the ground running with some
concrete ideas.

  http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Haskell_User_Group

My hope is that it would provide just enough material for a group to
reach critical mass.  So just enough stuff to account for the different
kinds of activities a HUG may want to do (eg. Coding Dojos vs Talks vs
Reading Group), but not so much that HUGs feel intimidated or stifled.

Have you started a HUG recently? Or are you thinking of starting one?
Maybe you could contribute just one idea to the kit?  More welcome,
of course :-)