[Haskell-cafe] Question about the Monad instance for Iteratee (from the enumerator package)

John Lato jwlato at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 16:19:25 CEST 2011

Joining slightly late...

> From: John Millikin <jmillikin at gmail.com>
>
> John Lato's "iteratee" package is based on IterateeMCPS.hs[1]. I used
> IterateeM.hs for "enumerator", because when I benchmarked them the non-CPS
> version was something like 10% faster on most operations.

Based on tests I did before iteratee-0.4, the fastest implementation was
Oleg's alternate design which is in the comments of IterateeM.hs.  I don't
think any current packages use that however, with good reason.

I'd be interested to see the results of a shootout between iteratee and
enumerator.  I would expect them to be basically equivalent most of the
time, with maybe two or three operations with a small (but consistent)
difference one way or the other.

John L.