[Haskell-cafe] How to keep cabal and ghci package versions in sync?

Gracjan Polak gracjanpolak at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 20:13:36 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I have a project with a .cabal file listing package dependencies using
the usual version constraints ==X.Y.* <Z.W or >=K.J syntax.
Standard route cabal configure; cabal build works correctly as it is able
to select working set of package versions.

I have also a .ghci file. When I run GHCi it uses all latest installed packages
in the system. This prevents the project from loading.

I tried to use 'cabal-dev ghci', but this still selects latest global packages.

So, how to I load up ghci with the same package versions as selected by cabal?

Thanks!

--
Gracjan