[Haskell-cafe] ANN: HacPhi 2011

wagnerdm at seas.upenn.edu wagnerdm at seas.upenn.edu
Fri Apr 22 00:17:17 CEST 2011

Greetings,

I am very pleased to officially announce HacPhi 2011, a Haskell
hackathon/get-together to be held July 29-31 at the University of
Pennsylvania in Philadelphia supported by contributions from Amgen,
Jane Street, and Microsoft Research.  The hackathon will officially
kick off at 2:30 Friday afternoon, and go until 5pm on Sunday (with
breaks for sleep, of course).  Last year's HacPhi was a lot of fun,
drawing an international crowd, and many people have already expressed
interest in coming back this year.  Come meet your Haskelly
brothers-in-arms!  I want to stress that everyone is welcome---you do
not have to be a Haskell guru.  Helping hack on someone else's project
could be a great way to increase your Haskell-fu.

If you plan on coming, please officially register [1].  Registration,
travel, lodging and many other details can be found on the HacPhi wiki
[2].

We're also looking for a few people interested in giving short (15-20
min.) talks, probably on Saturday afternoon.  Anything of interest to
the Haskell community is fair game---a project you've been working on,
a paper, a quick tutorial.  If you'd like to give a talk, add it on
the wiki [3].

Hope to see you in Philadelphia!

- The Hac ? team
Brent Yorgey (byorgey)