[Haskell-cafe] Need comments on a libusb asynchronous select/poll loop

Bas van Dijk v.dijk.bas at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 18:11:35 CEST 2011

On 20 April 2011 17:55, Johan Tibell <johan.tibell at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 5:22 PM, Bas van Dijk <v.dijk.bas at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 20 April 2011 17:04, Johan Tibell <johan.tibell at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Not that evtRead and evtWrite maps to different things on different platforms.
>>
>> Do you mean "Not" or "Note"?
>
> Yes, sorry.

Ok thanks.

I still need to add appropriate conditions for checking whether the
program is using the threaded RTS. What is the recommended approach
for this?

I see GHC.Conc.IO uses a dynamic check:

foreign import ccall unsafe "rtsSupportsBoundThreads" threaded :: Bool

Is this also available to me as a library author?

BTW I have now a complete asynchronous implementation of the existing
synchronous API:
https://github.com/basvandijk/usb/blob/async/System/USB/IO/Asynchronous.hs

Be warned, it's still completely untested!

Next up are isochronous transfers. When that's done the usb library is
feature complete (i.e. it supports all the features of the underlying
libusb)!

Regards,

Bas