[Haskell-cafe] errors while installing yesod 0.8

Rogan Creswick creswick at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 01:58:48 CEST 2011

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 4:22 PM, Michael Litchard <michael at schmong.org> wrote:
> yesod-static-0.1.0 depends on monad-control-0.2.0.1 which failed to install.
>

> This is what happened after I did cabal update, then cabal-dev install
> yesod. This is the original error I received.

Just for a point of reference - I just tried this and
monad-control-0.2.0.1 build just fine. (The build failed overall
because I didn't have the correct unix-compat c library deps
installed.)

I poked into the monad-control build system, and the only thing that
strikes me as at all unusual is that it uses unicode symbols for ::
and -> in Setup.hs.

--Rogan