[Haskell-cafe] Painless parallelization.

Don Stewart dons00 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 22:11:00 CEST 2011

> to write a pure functional parallel code with the level of abstraction I used in Haskell?

The status of parallel programming in Haskell is loosely maintained here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3063652/whats-the-status-of-multicore-programming-in-haskell/3063668#3063668

Your options, as of today,

 * The par-monad package and a monad for deterministic parallelism,
Simon Marlow -- more control over pure parallelism than
strategies/par/pseq.

 * The "parallel" package

 * Repa (parallel arrays)

 * DPH (for more experimenetal use)

 * Explict thread-based shared memory concurrency and multicore
parallelism (forkIO/MVars/STM)