[Haskell-cafe] FFI for a beginner

Andrew Pennebaker andrew.pennebaker at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 23:55:15 CEST 2011

hsc2hs and c2hs are good suggestions, and some of the tutorials I'm
following use them.

But 1) Many Haskell FFI tutorials don't require them, so they only seem to
help, or only help in older versions of GHC.

And 2) When I did compile using c2hs, it just produced the same file, but
with filler comments like {#- LINE 13 #-}. And they still refused to compile
for the same reason:

ld: duplicate symbol _Charm_getWidth_info in charm.o and charm.o

Cheers,

Andrew Pennebaker
www.yellosoft.us