[Haskell-cafe] Using DPH

Wilfried Kirschenmann wilfried.kirschenmann at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 11:32:36 CEST 2011

Hi,

In order to do a performance comparison beetween different approaches for
our application, I make different implementation of a simple example
(computing the norm of a vector expression.
I rely on Repa to do this.
However, when I tried to build the parallel version (-threaded -fvectorise
-rtsopts), I got an error specifying that dph-par was not available. Indeed,
It wasn't.

As explained on the dph webpage, I installed a developpment version of ghc
(ghc-7.1.20110331).
However, when I try to build my application, I get the folowing error:
user error (Pattern match failure in do expression at
compiler/vectorise/Vectorise/Monad.hs:57:10-20)

My source code is attached and compiled with the following line:
ghc haskell.hs -O3 -XBangPatterns -msse2 -fforce-recomp -rtsopts -threaded
-fvectorise

So my question is : is the problem concerning the pattern matching known ?
If yes, is there a workaround ?
is there an other version of dph that would work with Repa ?

Thank you !

-----
Wilfried Kirschenmann

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a
very narrow field."*
*Niels Bohr - *Danish physicist (1885 - 1962)*