[Haskell-cafe] Emscripten: compiling LLVM to JavaScript

KC kc1956 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 18:14:31 CEST 2011

Can JS in a browser call out to heavy computational routines in Haskell?

I suppose JS run as a scripting language outside the browser can call
out to Haskell.

Can Haskell open and interact with a browser window without going
through a server like component?

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 9:02 AM, Christopher Done
<chrisdone at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 11 April 2011 14:54, Sönke Hahn <shahn at cs.tu-berlin.de> wrote:
>>
>> I haven't tried the tool myself, but it seems interesting to the Haskell
>> efforts to compile to JavaScript:
>>
>> http://syntensity.blogspot.com/2011/04/emscripten-10.html
>
> Good grief, that sounds incredibly awesome. GHC → LLVM → JS. Get all GHC's
> goodies *and* not have to write JS for targeting browsers.
> Very interested. I will mess with it tonight.
> Cheers!

Regards,
KC