[Haskell-cafe] Local copy of hackageDB

Vo Minh Thu noteed at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 17:16:02 CEST 2011

2011/4/7 José Pedro Magalhães <jpm at cs.uu.nl>:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to use cabal-install on a machine without internet access. I tried
> downloading http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/archive.tar,
> unpacking it and setting the local-repo field in the config file to this
> location but that doesn't work, as cabal-install says that it is missing the
> package list for the local repo. What should I do?

Hello,

In addition of the (unpacked) archive, you also need to provide a
00-index.tar.gz file.

It is an archive with all the .cabal that are available in the repo.
You can find info about its layout at the following page
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/wiki/HackageDB

I don't know if such a index file is available for the archive.tar you
have, but it should be straightforward to create it.

HTH,
Thu