[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Hakyll 3.1

Jasper Van der Jeugt jaspervdj at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 09:51:44 CEST 2011

Hello all,

I've just uploaded Hakyll 3.1.0.0 [1] to Hackage. It contains some
backwards-incompatible changes (but they are really for the greater
good).

The most important change is the matching done in the rules DSL. What
used to be written as:

    route "posts/*" someRoute
    compile "posts/*" someCompiler

Is now written as:

    match "posts/*" $ do
        route someRoute
        compile someCompiler

This new style is way more expressive, as you can define custom
predicates such as:

    match (predicate (\i -> matches "foo/*" i && not (matches
"foo/bar" i))) $ do ...

For more information, see the Pattern documentation [2].

Another slight change is that the `Hakyll.Web.Tags` [3] module now
uses an association list instead of a `Data.Map` -- in case you want
to change the order in which tags are displayed.

If you have any questions or trouble migrating, feel free to drop a
mail to me or here [4] or visit us in #hakyll on Freenode.

[1]: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/hakyll
[2]: http://jaspervdj.be/hakyll/reference/Hakyll-Core-Identifier-Pattern.html
[3]: http://jaspervdj.be/hakyll/reference/Hakyll-Web-Tags.html
[4]: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/hakyll