[Haskell-cafe] Improvements to crypto-API: CTR CMAC and SIV modes

klondike klondikehaskellcafe at xiscosoft.es
Mon Apr 4 07:31:05 CEST 2011

Hi,

The attached files provide some preliminary support for the CTR, CMAC
and SIV modes of operation on the crypto-api for both strict and lazy
bytestrings.

My main worries here are that the implementations may be vulnerable to
timing attacks, and that the code in CPolys may be subject to copyright
restrictions since it may be a derivative work from "Table of Low-Weight
Binary Irreducible Polynomials" by Gadiel Seroussi (since all I did was
apply transformations to the original PDF to get the data).

As a side note, if I have time I'll improve the dbl and shift operations
so they can work directly over the bytestrings which may be faster than
converting and back. I'll also try both parallelizing the implementation
of the counter mode and make it work with transformations other than
adding one.