[Haskell-cafe] Can't connect to local yackage server

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Sun Apr 3 12:50:27 CEST 2011

On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 1:32 PM, Yitzchak Gale <gale at sefer.org> wrote:

> On Mac OS X 10.6.7, after upgrading to yackage 0.1.0.1:
>
> After running yackage -l, I cannot connect to it even directly
> from localhost. I get the message:
>
>  This Yackage server only talks to local clients
>
> On a Linux server it seems to work fine though.
>
> On the Mac, when I do "telnet localhost" I get:
>
>  Trying ::1...
>
> Could it be that yackage 0.1.0.1 doesn't recognize the
> IPv6 notion of localhost?
>
> Thanks,
> Yitz

Firstly, the checking-localhost-code in Yackage *is* broken for IPv6. I've
just pushed some changes to Warp to make the situation a little better for
specifying listening hosts, but that's not coming out most likely until Warp
0.4.

However, it doesn't sound like your problem is caused by the mis-behaving
Yackage code: it *should* give you a "permission denied" error message. Does
the connection work if you just run yackage normally, i.e. without -l?

Michael