[Haskell-cafe] A maintenance command of Haskell cabal packages

Kazu Yamamoto ( 山本和彦 ) kazu at iij.ad.jp
Fri Apr 1 07:38:14 CEST 2011

Hello,

>>> cabal-dev is a wrapper around cabal. It creates the directory
>>> "cabal-dev" in your current directory when you run commands.
>>
>> Yes, I know. But when I typed "cabal-devel install" on a package
>> directory, nothing happened.
>
> Can you give a specific example? Surely *something* happened :)

I guess this happens with Haskell Platform for MacOS only. In this
environment, .cabal/config specifies as follows:

	remote-repo-cache: /Users/<user>/Library/Haskell/repo-cache

But cabal-dev refers to /Users/<user>/.cabal/packages. After
"cabal-dev update" to create it, everything becomes fine to me.

Thank you.

--Kazu