[Haskell-cafe] Coding conventions for Haskell?

Max Rabkin max.rabkin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 17:07:55 EDT 2010

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 22:57, Andrew Coppin
<andrewcoppin at btinternet.com> wrote:
>  data Foo a b =
>      Foo    a   |
>      Bar      b |
>      Foobar a b
>    deriving (Eq, Ord)
> It honestly annoys me that Haddock disagrees with me on this point...

I disagree with you too, and so does your version control (if I'm
wrong, please tell me, so I can switch). If you add a constructor, you
have to make a change to the line containing the old last constructor,
even though you didn't actually change that line.

Also, either your pipes don't line up, or you violate your own rule

> I generally try to structure my code so that all blocks indent by 2 spaces, and the size of indentation never depends on the length of an identifier.

...except that the spaces here are not indentation.

(exhausted from real work, so taking some time out to paint the bikeshed)