[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: plugins 1.5.1. a framework for dynamic
extension of Haskell programs
dons at galois.com
Wed Sep 22 16:52:29 EDT 2010
I'm pleased to announce the release 1.5.1 of the Haskell "plugins" library,
$ cabal install plugins
The "plugins" library provides a comprehensive API for:
* dynamic loading and linking native Haskell modules
* runtime compilation and meta-programming in Haskell
* runtime hotswapping of Haskell code
In short, it provides a framework for dynamic extension of Haskell
This release is due to great work by Manuel Chakravarty, who cleaned up
much of the code and helped migrate it from GHC 6.8 to 6.12.
1. The approach to dynamic extension developed in the library is described in:
* Plugging Haskell In. André Pang, Don Stewart, Sean Seefried, and
Manuel M. T. Chakravarty. In Proceedings of the ACM SIGPLAN Workshop
on Haskell, pages 10-21. ACM Press, 2004
* Dynamic Applications From the Ground Up. Don Stewart and Manuel M.
T. Chakravarty. In Proceedings of the ACM SIGPLAN Workshop on
Haskell, pages 27-38. ACM Press, 2005
* Dynamic Extension of Typed Functional Languages, Don Stewart.
University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia. 2010
More information about the Haskell-Cafe