[Haskell-cafe] recommendations for reading list?

David Leimbach leimy2k at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 17:46:06 EDT 2010

In my amazon shopping cart I currently have:

*Conceptual Mathematics: A First Introduction to
Categories<http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/052171916X/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER>
  *- F. William Lawvere

*Categories for the Working Mathematician (Graduate Texts in
Mathematics)<http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0387984038/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER>
 *- Saunders Mac Lane

*Categories and Computer Science (Cambridge Computer Science
Texts)<http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0521422264/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER>
 *- R. F. C. Walters

Are all 3 of these worthwhile?  Any of them?

I'm just trying to get a grasp on enough Category Theory to be able think
more deeply about programming in general, and maybe grasp more Haskell
terminology beyond the seemingly superficial meanings I understand today.

Thanks!

Dave