[Haskell-cafe] TryHaskell in the classroom!

Christopher Done chrisdone at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 4 05:18:02 EDT 2010

On 4 September 2010 02:02, Fritz Ruehr <fruehr at willamette.edu> wrote:
> I just wanted to send out a more public "Thanks!" to Chris Done for the
> tryhaskell.org website and to everyone else
> (including Chris) who was on the #haskell channel of IRC this afternoon when
> I "tried haskell", along with the chat feature,
> during my introductory functional programming class.

Glad to hear it! This is an ideal scenario for Try Haskell! Thanks for using it!

On 4 September 2010 02:11, Benjamin L. Russell <DekuDekuplex at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have also enjoyed using Try Haskell.  It would be wonderful if it
> could be expanded with more content.  Many thanks to the developers for
> their efforts!

Community contributed lessons are welcome! I'll be adding some hpaste
integration too. A markdown format like the below should be

Title: Example

    Here is a message about integers! Here are some numbers:

    Enter a number like `23`.

Title: Well done
Type-Trigger: Num t => t
Value-Trigger: 23

    Great, you typed %value% and it has type %type%.

And so on. Until I write a tutorial composer.