[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: Haddock version 2.8.0

David Menendez dave at zednenem.com
Sat Sep 4 00:21:18 EDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 12:40 AM, John Millikin <jmillikin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Haddock is generating files with an .html extension, which causes
> webservers to serve it using "text/html", the incorrect MIME-type.

Secton 5.1 of the XHTML recommendation states: "XHTML Documents which
follow the guidelines set forth in Appendix C, 'HTML Compatibility
Guidelines' may be labeled with the Internet Media Type 'text/html'
[RFC2854], as they are compatible with most HTML browsers."

I haven't checked Haddock's conformance with Appendix C, but it is
incorrect to say that XHTML cannot be served as text/html.

Dave Menendez <dave at zednenem.com>