[Haskell-cafe] Red links in the new haskell theme

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Sat Oct 30 08:15:58 EDT 2010

On Sat, 30 Oct 2010, Daniel Fischer wrote:

> I do, top right, next to Index. In seamonkey, though, it's sometimes half
> hidden and displayed below the Source resp hackageDB links.
>
>> Does it require JavaScript?
>
> It seems so. If I disallow scripts for haskell.org, I don't see it either.

If I enable JavaScript in Konqueror, I still see no style menu.

However I would like to get it without JavaScript. It can certainly be
achieved using a cookie.

I never understood why Cascading Style Sheets were used to configure the
appearance of a website from the server side. To me it would make more
sense if users could configure the colors of links in their browsers, like
they configure fonts and font sizes.

>> I find it still strange, that the unusal style is the default.
>
> Most people who responded when opinions were collected about the new theme
> preferred that.

Possibly when seeing, how it looks like, people change their mind. :-)