[Haskell-cafe] who's in charge?

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Thu Oct 28 18:01:27 EDT 2010

On 10/27/2010 11:55 AM, Ketil Malde wrote:
> What does "essential" mean?  Something a hypothetical dictator wants,
> but nobody else?  For surely, if your email library was so essential,
> it'd be included among the hundreds of libraries on Hackage?  Perhaps it
> is a lot less important than you think?  (None of my programs need to
> send email, so it's certainly not essential to me.)
>
> Or perhaps sufficient functionality is in the libraries suggested by
> Michael, and you just didn't find it when you looked?

The third option is that sending mail is so ridiculously simple that no
library is needed.  This is, at least, the case for plain text messages
on *nix.

I will grant that when you toss MIME and Windows into the mix,
s/simple/complex/ may become more appropriate.

But we do already have MIME libraries.

-- John